MYSQL is an open source Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) by Michael Widenius (Monty). The name given in conjuction with Monthy daughter (My) and SQL, the abbreviation for Structured Query Language. MYSQL is the main component of the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MYSQL and Perl/PHP/Python). Some aplications list that use MYSQL database include:.
- MyBB and phpBB forum software.
Google, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and Youtube also use MYSQL to operate the website.
CREATE MYSQL DATABASE IN CPANEL
- Login cPanel, you may visit web hosting guide to find the hosting password.
- Select the MYSQL Databases on control panel dashboard.
- Enter the unique code (ex:s3CuR3).
- Click on create database button.
- Go back to create new database user.
- Enter the unique code and secure password.
- Click on create user button.
- Go back to add user into database.
- Select the database name and user.
- Select ALL PRIVILEGES.
- Click on make changes button.
Now the database can be used in the file configuration.
HOW TO IMPORT THE DATABASE
The are two options to upload the database, the first is use restore wizard. This option will force to use the name of the old database, example olduser_newuser_dbname. The second option is to use phpMyAdmin. Below is how to do;.
- Create database and user.
- Select phpMyAdmin on the cPanel dashboard.
- Select the database name in the main sidebar.
- Click the import on the table.
- Select the database file then upload.
Make sure the database size that has been imported is right or almost the same with old database size.