WordPress is most popular content management system (cms) based the number of users beat joomla and drupal. WordPress (wp) is an open source based on PHP and MYSQL was founded by Matt Mullenweg, Automattic CEO. There are two types of wordpress product that can be used, the first is wordpress.com. It is an open source that built and hosted on Automattic servers, the free version will use subdomain of wordpress.com like http://pakarhosting.wordpress.com and have very limited features. The users can upgrade to the paid version and use a custom domain.
WordPress.org allow to download the open source and built using self hosted or private server.
WORDPRESS.COM VS WORDPRESS.ORG
|WP.com Free||WP.com Paid||WP.org self hosted|
|Fee||Free||Up to $299||Start from RM30|
|Features||Very limited||Basic & Advanced||Advanced|
|Theme||Basic||Basic/Advanced||Basic & Advanced|
|URL||Sub domain||Custom domain||Custom domain|
Advanced theme allow to use of theme made by ownself and third party developer, basic theme is template that has been delivered to the wordpress development for distribution in open source.Advanced features allow to customize selected template include color scheme, background and full control to css file.
Installing WordPress via Softaculous
- Login cPanel, you may visit web hosting guide to find the hosting password.
- Select the softaculous auto install.
- Select the wordpress installation.
- Select the protocol http or https include the www selection, choose the domain will be installed with wordpress. Empty the directory to use main domain.
- Complette the site settings.
- Enter an unique admin ID and password, example: s3C coDeX for username.
- Create secure database name and prefix such as 7bEvUXq on advanced options.
- Enter the email to send wordpress installation information and select the install button.
Please submit a ticket if you have any issue in wordpress installation process.