HOW TO USE FILE MANAGER FTP CLIENT AND CREATE FTP ACCOUNTS blog. File Transfer Protocol or called as FTP is a standard communications protocol used for transfer the file between server and local computer that called as client. The FTP can also be used for transfer the file from a server to another server, these methods are used in migration the websites.
The list of ftp client that used for upload and download the files are;.
- Far Manager.
The ftp connection often uses port 21 for non encrypted and port 22 for encrypted (ftps).
CREATE FTP ACCOUNTS
On many hosting packages are allowing consumers to have than one FTP accounts ,below are how to create ftp accounts (child) in cPanel;.
- Login cPanel web hosting.
- Select FTP accounts.
- Create ftp user and password.
USE THE FILE MANAGER INTERFACE TO MANAGE AND EDIT THE FILES
The file manager is a feature in the hosting that used to manage the files, the user can use it to upload or download and edit the files. Follow this instruction to use it;.
- Login cPanel, web hosting guide.
- Select File Manager.
- Specify the folder that will be used to store the files, the public_html and www are root folder for main website. Double click to open the folder.
- Select + File (plus icon file) to create new files.
- Select + Folder (plus icon folder) to create new folder and directory.
- Select Upload then select or drop the files to uploading from local PC.
- Select the refresh menu to refresh all files and all folders.
- Click a file then click right on the mouse to download, edit, rename, change permission, etc on files.
USING FTP CLIENT TO MANAGE THE FILES IN HOSTING
- Open the FTP Client software.
- Enter the username and the password, use username and cPanel password to access the root folder on hosting.
- Select the connection button.
- Usually there are two directories, local PC on left and server or hosting directory on right side.
- Click on hosting folders to specify the the directory will be used.
- Select the files on local PC or left side then click right on the mouse to refresh, edit or upload.
Click on video link below to watch the video tutorial. Please submit a ticket if you need assistance to use the file manager or create fp accounts.